Thursday, July 17, 2008

Upstairs and Downstairs

I have changed the cloak to a red velvet embroidered with decorative stars instead of my original design. I have put some stone pattern down on the foreground floor and finished the clock. The crouching man in the doorway is holding a sextant. I like the way it looks. I don't know how the hell it works. If civilization were destroyed in the main, and it were up to me to rebuild.. well, don't hold your breath. There are some nice colors smoldering in the dark. It's very color cohesive, this piece, and actually the whole series, I've been more mindful of color.





1 comment:

Niall young said...

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but it reminds me of a nightmare..very evocative, sweeping staircase with haunting eyes...sinster hiding figures. i love the stone flags on the floor and I agree with you about the colours...the is not one main focal point which adds to the uneasiness and dread...I like your drawings and panels etc..but this is what you do best!