Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Borometz



This is an unfocused sort of sketch inspired by the Vegetable Lamb of Tartary, also called the Scythian Lamb, or Borometz. A lamb that grows on a stalk, and dies once the stalk grows too long for the poor thing to graze. I wonder if you made a salad from the leaves of the Borometz, if it would be considered a vegetarian dish or not? Anyway, I love cryptozoology. I hope there are yetis and unicorns and borometz and feejee mermaids. Because even if there aren't, there should be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this fits very will with your other fantasy art. In fact, I think it's my favorite so far and look forward to it's progress. I love the woman harvesting the lambs. I'd comment more but I don't feel so well.

moneythoughts said...

I agree with 5thsister about "your fantasy art." You have a nice drawing style. It is easy on the eyes. Don't dismiss this, it is the difference between people looking at your art and just scanning over it with their eyes. You need to focus on a project involving a children's book and your sketches. Such a project could initially be a single color, with the possibilities later of becoming a full color illustrated book. I love your drawings and I think you have a gift that shouldn't be wasted. And, you have two young children to show your work to and get feedback.

Mystic Thistle said...

There should be. There really really should be.

Excited about sketch!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Sure, a story! Once upon a time there was a.... er..... D'oh! I don't have a story!