Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Three Anatomists






It was fun to work on a bigger painting. The way I built up the skin tones of the cadaver is similar to the way I go into a forest painting. It's a bit loose. There are no right or wrong colors. I just build it up. Then I decided on a sallowy, greenish pale hue, a bit shiny. I took some care to make the shapes of the hip bones come through. I wanted to have rents in the skin without getting too dramatic. The real focus is going to be on the faces of the anatomists, but this was a fun warm up.

2 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You are as fascinating as your art. This is the only place I could come and read, " The way I built up the skin tones of the cadaver is similar to the way I go into a forest painting. " :)

Susan Anderson said...

PJ is right. It's really interesting to visit here and understand a little more of how an artist's mind works.

=)