Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Paper Moon







Some pictures you have seen before, a little more fleshed out and decided. I am projecting this project will be finished by mid-summer. I think I have broken the story down into 35-38 illustrations. I may change it a little as I go along. I am furiously querying agents and hoping that someone may be able to place my story, or any of my stories, with a publisher. Keep your fingers crossed for us. If nothing pans out, I will still have this story available for my ardent admirers!

I don't like to post a lot of private information but maybe a little bit of back story might be appropriate. We have had a rough few years, my husband lost his job, then we lost our home. Now my husband has found a job, but at a very reduced salary. I have been a stay-at-home mom for several years now, and with the meager skills I have, it is hard to see how I will be able to contribute to our economic picture. So I am doing the only thing I'm even a little bit good at, and I'm going to keep doing it until it works! If you are a new reader, I hope you will be my fan and cheer us along. I'm doing this to get a better life for my children, and I think that is something a lot of people can relate to.

2 comments:

lissa said...

looking good. it's so nice to see the works in progress. I find it's the doing that is more satisfying than the result. although looking at a creation in its completion is always a pleasure.

hope you have a sweet day.

spags said...

will cheer and shish and boom and pimp it out once you're rolling... it's magnificently different from anything on my book shelves. looks great.

keep up the good work.