Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quilts? Yes, quilts.

 First, I had to drop everything I was doing and knit a hat for my son, who lost his last hat I made him at school. So I did that.
 Look at this lovely quilt top that is languishing in a bag. I found it when I got out my sewing machine to noodle around with it. I'm not a very good machine knitter, but I think I might give it a whirl again some time.
 I also found these blocks I made. I remember giving the squares to my son to play with when he was a baby. He's nine now. Maybe I should take his Nintendo DS away from him and give him these blocks back. I'll tell him how much fun they are. I wonder how he'd like that. Who knows, maybe he'll finish it for me.
There are also these strippy blocks Matthew and I made together when he was very interested in how my sewing machine works. They would look nice pieced together into a little quilt, but I need border strips, batting, backing material and bias binding. For everything! That is the sad part about living far away from fabric shops. When I finally get to one, I won't remember what I wanted, or have anything measured properly.

No comments: