Saturday, May 10, 2014

Jacobean, Day of the Dead, They Might Be Giants Embroidery




I have done a whole bunch of Day of the Dead Embroideries. I wanted to do another one, a bigger one, that had a musical theme. I also wanted it to be more contemporary and less Mexican folk art. I've been listening to a lot of They Might Be Giants.  I just started listening to They Might Be Giants and I like them a lot. In fact, I was hoping I would get some new (to me) They Might Be Giants for Mother’s Day, but instead, my offspring decided to give me the flu. But I digress. Even as skeletons, I think they make fairly identifiable characters. I like that the pink bunny moon can serve as my signature, since my shop totem for My Good Babushka is the little babushka-wearing rabbit. I also love, love, love my little blue moth with skull wings.
Below are some of my other Day of the Dead hand embroidered pieces available at My Good Babushka.

No comments: