Friday, January 30, 2009

Masks: Still Life of Carnivale






I have come back to capital P Painting, after a long while of working at my etsy store. This series I'm embarking on is a bit of a potboiler. I had intended to make some delicious compositions using the central theme of "the forest", but then I came across this great picture, a still life of masks, and it was too luscious to pass up. This is the scant beginning, which seems to be some sort of shelf housing mysterious artifacts and unguents in small jars, some glittery apparel and silken drapes are around it. This is a bare two hours work, but it was joyous, to get back to a large canvas. I expect to have many updates on this new series. I hope you will enjoy seeing their progress!

1 comment:

Niall young said...

This is what you do best..I'm looking forward to seeing how this one develops!!