Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rattlephant




I had some yarn leftover that my sweet friend, Jenny Matlock, sent me. So I thought I would try to make an elephant. This is such a pretty, soft, nubbly yarn. The color is called "rose quartz" and it's filled with pretty jewel tones. I made a pretty little stuffed elephant. I put a rattle in his tummy, and great crinkly cellophane in his ears. The acrylic yarn is non allergenic, like wool can be. I think it would be a great toy for a baby.
Here he is all finished-

and you can read more about him at My Good Babushka!

5 comments:

5thsister said...

ADORABLE!

Rebecca Anthony said...

This little elephant is precious, what an awesome idea you multi-talented woman you!

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

What an adorable baby gift he would make.

My name is PJ. said...

Too cute!!! Let me know when you're ready for yarn because I have some to send you...

Sue said...

That looks like the perfect friend for a new baby.

=)