Friday, September 24, 2010

Bentleyville Day 17






I don't have too much left on this painting. I see that I've been working on it for 17 days, or at least some part of each of those 17 days, and what a crazy fortnight plus three it has been! I am still getting used to painting in a new place.
When I tell you this, you won't be able to not see it in the above picture:
The man squatting down in the front looks like he is wearing a pointy white cap! I guess I will have to go back and redo some of the area. I've been thinking I'd like to work the contours of his face a little more anyway.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Yup. Can't not see it. Maybe you pretend he buttoned his coat better...I really like his face how it is already. He seems friendly yet slightly naughty...just my type ;-)

Terri Steffes said...

I saw it but I didn't see it until you told me!

Susan Anderson said...

I bet it's hard to know when to stop! I'm sure there's always something you could play with a little more, right? Or do you just sense when it's finished?

=)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I would never have seen that had you not mentioned it. MWAHAHAHA!

Kass said...

Dunce cap? The frivolity in this picture lends itself to the possibility. I could even imagine the 6th guy from the left making rabbit ears on the 3rd from the left.