Tuesday, July 31, 2012

100 Greatest Hard Rock Artists Portrait Challenge!! Nirvana

The Hard Rock Portrait Challenge (self-inflicted) rolls on with this little painting of the influential, but sadly brief band, Nirvana. I remember listening to Nirvana during my senior year at high school, in the car, and while working late nights closing our local Burger King. Smells Like Teen Spirit was one of the first songs my older son really liked, that he really wanted to own. I think it may be the first song we downloaded for him. I showed him my old scratched up cassette, but unfortunately, we don't have the technology to play it anymore! Sometimes I try to put it out on a timeline in my mind, and I think that my son liking Smells Like Teen Spirit would be like me, at his age, really liking The Twist. It doesn't seem like so much time has passed, but I guess it never does.

No comments: