Monday, May 13, 2013

Women and Men: Portraits from Vintage Photos


 I have these two, sweet vintage photos of four men and four women sitting on the same sofa. I've had it in my mind for some time that I would make them into two paintings that would naturally look great together. The one problem is that the men are cut off at the knee and the women are shown head to foot. So I've taken the liberty to make them more symmetrical. I've moved the men up in the composition and given them some feet.

Based on all the cues from the original picture, I've gotten the feet placed as probably as possible.


Just look at these two adorable pictures! They really deserve to be writ large.

You have my general invitation: I am a painter with over twenty years of experience.
If you want a portrait made from your new or vintage photograph my rates are as follows:
For a straightforward portrait-
9" x 12".....$100.00
11" x 14"....$200.00
16" x 20"....$300.00
18" x 24"....$400.00
22" x 28"....$500.00
24" x 36"....$600.00

Contact me about commissions at julie_schuler@comcast.net

No comments: