Monday, September 10, 2012

Broken Rib Blue Cardigan

I've gone through some lengths to reformulate some vintage cardigan patterns to fit modern available yarns and have been really happy with the results. Now I'm taking the reformulated pattern and changing it again. This time I'm sizing it down for a woman's cardigan, reversing the buttonholes (yuck, I can never keep my lefts and rights straight as to which side gets the buttons) and adding a nice pattern, a very easy "broken rib" pattern, but I think it has a lot of visual interest and will make the sweater a little more curve-fitting for a woman. I haven't decided if I will add a shawl collar, also in pattern, or plain border band. But as you can see, I've only just cast on, so I have some time to decide. This is a very pretty deep blue heather. You'll see it's full, jewel tone flavor once I get going.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Love the color. I don't know very much about reading patterns...seems like a foreign language to me...but then to be able to modify and make it "curvy" and "add a collar" baffles me. You might as well ask me to rebuild my cars engine...
I'm doing my baby blankets, still. Man, my friends are a fertile bunch...I'm three behind...
Tina @ Life is Good