Thursday, May 23, 2013

Four Gentlemen on the Davenport. Portrait from a Vintage Photo




More work on my portrait of four gentlemen, from a vintage photo. As  you can see it has the old scalloped edges, I'm guessing it's from the early to mid 1950s. Even though the men in the picture are cut off at the knee, I did some inventing and put them in, head to toe. The reason I did this was because I have a companion photo of their lovely women sitting on the same davenport, but in the ladies photo the feet are included. I plan on making a painting from the women's photo, too.  So for the sake of symmetry I extended the men's portrait to include the feet.  I wonder which one of these men took the photo? I wonder which one of the women took this photo?

I am a painter with over twenty years of experience.
If you want a portrait made from your new or vintage photograph my rates are as follows:

9" x 12".....$100.00
11" x 14"....$200.00
16" x 20"....$300.00
18" x 24"....$400.00
22" x 28"....$500.00
24" x 36"....$600.00
contact julie_schuler@comcast.net

No comments: